Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lasted visited battleship New Jersey about 10 years ago and plan on visiting again next time back in the states. Checking on line for the latest info on her, noticed that they now have a tour of turret 2. Having been in turret 2 of Iowa when visited during 2 weeks active duty back in the mid 80's thought I might like to check out the New Jersey tour. On a previous post, Clyde had mentioned that the Texas may have a static display showing loading of dummy projectiles and powder bags into her main guns but this tour is an active demo of the entire process of loading and firing the guns. No doubt it must have cost a pretty penny to modify the turret and set it up for the tour so guess that's reason for pricey ticket.

Found an interesting video about the tour on youtube and not knowing if it has previously been posted thought I would share with fellow board members.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHO2S6-INCM

Trust all will enjoy - Jim

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I was in the Philadelphia naval shipyard when they were putting her into commission for service in vietnam. I myself and other shipmates from my ship were awaiting processing as we were being released from active duty. Standing on her decks was really something. Thanks for sharing. Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts