Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have stared another impression with the recent acquisition of a nice forest green tunic, a few days later I picked up a pair of straight legged forest gree trousers. The colour match is much better than shows in the photos and will be a great basis for a USMC impression.
Best wihses
Gus

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got back from a gun show in Utah where I set up a display, but I forgot to take my camera, so there will be a short wait for more photos.
Gus

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bayonet Collector,
Here is a photo of the USMC diaplay as it currently stands.

it is a part of a display that is set up inthe Minidoka County Museum for the next 6 months

Best wihses
Gus

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Bayonet Collector,
I am sad to say that I do not have the room to set up my display at home, normally this display is in a room that is less than 3 meters by 3 meters, and there are 7 other maniquins that are still in the room. I am lucky to be able to set this display up in our local museum for the next 6 months, I am hoping that in this time I will be able to get to the book shelves that have been so carefully guarded by these soldiers, and find the books I have not seen for many years.
Best wihses
Gus

·
Registered
632 Posts
Gus, nice use of the barbed wire. It makes for a great security feature while also being a period accent piece. The collection is awesome.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gus, nice use of the barbed wire. It makes for a great security feature while also being a period accent piece. The collection is awesome.

Hey Old Man,
It is truely a great security measure, I set the display up at sereral public venues, and I have never had anything go missing from the display. One of the places is a gun show in Utah (Utha Gun Collector's Association) and while other displayer's have trouble keeping hands off with "do not touch" signs, I have no signs and not one touches. The wire is actually post war, it came off a spool dated 1931, and the wire posts are reproductions that I made my self (I could not bring myself to destroy that many real posts, not to mention the cost). Barbed wire was the most important defensive weapon, and the artillery was the weapon of choice to distroy it, and artillery was the leading cause of death and dismemberment on the battlefield. If you get a magnifying glass and look at Bayonet Collector's avatar, you will see that he has used the wire in a similar manner, so even though he is a Norwiegian, he is still as smart as a Swede (he will claim that he is smarter though, because he does no bleed when he is setting his display up, I disagree, I am frugal)
Best wishes
Gus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts