Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen: I am new to this board. I joined in order to ask questions after reading some of the threads on using "Revocable Trust" for purchasing NFA items. I live in North Carolina where NFA items are legal. However, the local sheriff will not sign off on any of the NFA forms--1 or 4. I have read in several places on this board about using the "Revocable Trust" as a means to bypass the local sheriff.

My main question is how do you do the "Revocable Trust?" Do you do it for the one item that you are interested in purchasing? Or is there a format for making it a blanket instrument for purchasing multiple items over a period of time? Those of you that have used this method, do you have a format or copy of that document that you would be willing to share, either publicly here on the board or privately via individual email?

Another question that I have is, when doing a "Revocable Trust," what address do you put as the address for the trust? Do you use your home address (which opens your home for inspection), or do you use an address like a bank or credit union, which have safety deposit boxes, or a business address? If you use an address other than your home, can you store the item(s) in your home?

Thanks for all of your help.

Sincerely,
Redcrown21
MSgt, USAF (Ret)
No longer putting the "Air" in Airborne and the "Range" in Ranger

·
Registered
203 Posts
my local LEO's would not sign for my machinegun so i made my own revocable trust using Quicken Willmaker. you will need to get it notorized

the revocable trust is a great way to go - no fingerprint cards, no photos , you can assign officers of the trust who can access the NFA item, and should you die the NFA item will go to whom you want it to.

when you do the ATF forms make sure you check "corperation" instead of "individual"

i used my home address - the ATF doesnt do inspections unless you are a FFL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Volksjager

Thank You Volksjager for the information. Did you make the trust out just for one item? Or did you make it some form of a "blanket" or "open ended" trust where you could purchase other items as the money and/or opportunities presented themselves?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Private Message Receipt?

Volksjager: I sent you a private message about this subject. I have am checking to see if you received that message. I am not sure if the "private message" feature of this forum is working correctly. If it is not then I will send a message to the moderators.

Sincerely,
Redcrown21

·
Registered
148 Posts
For a little more effort, the LLC route has a several positives and may be a little bit more reliable in the long run.

As in nearly everything, you pays your money and takes your chances.

Good Luck in either case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.