Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi retread. i don't know alot about this kind of knife i am a custom knife maker and i collect vintage winchester pocket knifes but was at a auction and found this one, i did some research on it a couple of days before the auction and was confident it was the real deal when i seen it. this auction was loaded with old military items and a few old winchester pocket knifes so i spent alot of money and came home happy... can someone give me an idea what would be a fair price for this knife? thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
The wartime dated items with the stamped metal studs, as opposed to the folded that your knife displays, with scabbard in very good plus condition are generally $400.00 plus. The 1919 date is interesting as well as the folded studs. Wonder how long that contract went? Don't try and sell it on ebay though. They don't like those knives for some reason? Good luck with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi nelson88. the stamp is 1918 it is hard to see in my terrible pictures, and i already had it kicked off ebay some califoria law they say. had 2 offers in less then 10 minutes on ebay and just want to be fair on a price, hopefully a collector will get a chance at it. would it decrease the value if i cleaned it up a little? it just has a little surface rust on it but i didn't want to hurt the value or collectability by cleaning it. thanks

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
James, you have a very desirable knife. The date is 1918. Nelson's price is spot-on, for the more common A.C. CO. mfg. Yours, without scabbard is worth more. By all means, remove that rust, with some OOOO steel wool. If you don't get a decent offer, you might want to try Gunbroker. They allow knuckle knives.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you trenchwarfare. thanks nelson88. would $550 to $600 be fair? i don't really know this is not me cup of tea i collect old winchester pocket knifes and make custom hunting knifes and thought this was a real cool knife thats why i bought it. i just want to be fair to me and the new owner.

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
That's about the ballpark. With scabbard, you could add about $200.00.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts