Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought these were cool and recently picked them up. so I thought I would share them here.
They all appear to be sets to check minimum standards for equipment including components of the 1911, M1 and .30 cal BMG.

First one is a 1911 set

Second, 30 cal gage and weigh set, for 03 and M1?

Third, 30 cal M1, gage and weigh set.

Fourth, 30 cal, BBL BMG chamber test equip.

Fifth, M1 rifle gage spring for the operating rod

Neat and very well built equipment. Hope the photos show up in order.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Interesting stuff. I am not familiar with these. I would like to know more or verify the purpose. Perhaps more interesting is what company used these 5 sets.

Am I right in assuming 2,3 & 4 are used to check headspace when making the barrel prior to it being installed on the receiver? Dont get why the word weight on these boxes.

The 5th looks like an expensive tool for a simple function. The weight pulls the springs and the amount stretch is measured (or more likely compressed). IMHO, No 5 is pretty cool. I guess it could be used today.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,856 Posts
Cool indeed! :thumbsup:

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,595 Posts
That is some haul you made. I have some m14 gauges but not many and not a kit. Korean War vet friend of mine had a kit of these type gauges like yours and I about passed out when he showed them to me. Got them all wet with drool. Very cool stuff thanks for sharing with us. Some of the tooling and gauges were absolute tool and die grade and it is just a very cool thing to collect. The precision built into the tooling and inspection gauges was top shelf in the day. Not sure where people found this stuff but I seldom if ever saw this at shows for sale? My M14 gauges came back in country from Israel close to 20 years ago. SA Inc. had a bunch of surplus Israeli M14 stuff for a short time at Camp Perry on Commercial Row. Only time I have ever run across some of this type stuff. It was not cheap by the way. As I imagine this was not for OP.
Regards, John.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.