Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
WW1, Black Powder Metalic Cartridge, Contract Mausers
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the initial group picture here but this is part of a bigger posting that will show up on the Russian, Commonwealth and French formums as well. This is about US made weapons for European allies. I want to start highlighting some of my favorite pieces before I start selling all my collection.

Winchester model 1895 lever action in 7.62. Serial numbered and has a flaming bomb… MP on the stock. Spanish Civil War?
Mint condition New England Westinghouse made in 1915 has serial numbers but doesn’t appear to be Russian Accepted.

Lastly mint condition Remington 1917, no serial numbers no Russian acceptance.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Were any handguns,...pistols made for Russia during WW 1 ? I see rifles once in awhile in threads, cannot say if I ever seen any pistols or other gun types ?.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Were any handguns,...pistols made for Russia during WW 1 ? I see rifles once in awhile in threads, cannot say if I ever seen any pistols or other gun types ?.
I honestly don’t know, I’ve never seen them, but since I don’t collect hand guns, I’m not really tuned in on that.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
IIRC a little while back someone had posted a picture of Ross rifles in Russian hands?????

(I know, not US, and not made specifically for Russia)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Very nice 👍

I have two US-made Mosins which are my favourites, one is an old warhorse of a N.E.W with Russian acceptance marks but no subsequent alterations and the other is a very, very special 1917 Remington.

·
Silver Bullet member
5,279 Posts
Over on Youtube, Mark Novak - AKA Anvil - shows a made-for-Russia carbine - I think, by Remington?

·
Oak Leaves with Clusters Member
3,465 Posts
Colt made a number of 1911s in standard 45ACP for the Russians. I have one.
S&W made a model for the Russians in 44 Russian. The Russians also made their own copy of this revolver at Tula. I have one of these.

These Colts have a Cyrillic stamp (mine is lightly struck and next to impossible to see in the photos but I got a Colt letter to be sure.)

The S&W models were marked in Russian on the top of the barrel. My copy is marked Tula, 1890.

Berdan made some of the early model in England, if I recall but nothing in the US unless I missed the info somewhere.

There were a few Remington Rolling Block Rifles or Carbines made for Russia too.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Colt made a number of 1911s in standard 45ACP for the Russians. I have one.
S&W made a model for the Russians in 44 Russian. The Russians also made their own copy of this revolver at Tula. I have one of these.

View attachment 3799377

These Colts have a Cyrillic stamp (mine is lightly struck and next to impossible to see in the photos but I got a Colt letter to be sure.)

View attachment 3799378

The S&W models were marked in Russian on the top of the barrel. My copy is marked Tula, 1890.

Berdan made some of the early model in England, if I recall but nothing in the US unless I missed the info somewhere.

There were a few Remington Rolling Block Rifles or Carbines made for Russia too.
Those are awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
It’s part of the group photo of all my US made European supplied weapons. That’s a French model 1914 Remington Rolling Block in 8 mm Lebel
I saw one of those on auction not long ago. I should have bid higher. I'd like to have a rolling block that I could shoot without having to try figure out the caliber, bore size, etc, then reload for it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts