Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what I think is a pair of US WW1 canvas cartridge belt suspenders. The pic doesn't show them real clear. They are marked by MILLS I believe and I have not been able to find a picture on-line of this type of item being used for some reason??? I found them on a hand-made "Boyscout" pack. They had seperated the straps from each other but I couldn't see that they had "destroyed" anything else (I hope). I assume that they were attached together by some means like the WW2 verion? Any pics and info would be fantatic! Thanks!! Jeff

·
Registered
932 Posts
Pack Suspenders

They appear to be the Model 1936 Pattern , which would be correct for the Model 1923 Cartridge belt displayed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Retread!
Do you know any websites that show the different models used from WW1 on?

Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
632 Posts
Jeff, did you look inside the flaps of the 2 cartridge pouches closest to the buckle. There should be a date stamp there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I had no idea there was a stamp normally located there. I will have to get them back out and look for that. Unfortunatly this belt is missing the webbing that connects the two ammo sections together. Any body know where I could pick up a loose one? Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts