Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellows,

I was able to find a nice 1909 Rock Island bayonet. I quickly discovered the original scabbard (1905 Type-2)was even more money then the bayonet! I bought a repro from IMA .$40 +shipping It looks well made & true to pictures I have seen!

Can someone explain how the wire belt clip works?

To press the wire latch to lock (latched)you have to be SUPERMAN. As I see it now.
I would have to start bending the back of the belt mount- back, to allow it to latch ... Then try to bend it back to the correct shape to allow it to fit.

Also under wartime use, it had to be bent out of shape very quickly. Thus the later update to the belt attachment.

Any help is welcome,

point6

·
Gold Bullet member
853 Posts
I would have to start bending the back of the belt mount- back, to allow it to latch ... Then try to bend it back to the correct shape to allow it to fit.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :(

You spread the wire apart at the top and it swivels downward to allow placement over the Mills Cartridge belt for which it was designed. Once around the belt, you spread the wires and put the ends back into the belt hanger.

They replaced these belt hangers when the M1910 Web Equipment was adopted and they stopped issuing the Mills Belt.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Marysdad,

AAAHHHH!!! Said the totally uninformed man! Now I see it, that makes sense! Thanks alot! It's alot smarter then my idea!
It seemed to me it would be a good idea to ask a question here, then ruin my new scabbard. Even if it is a repro!

The picture you sent was exactly what I was looking for! I searched around the net for about a half hour with no good result.

The good fellows at GUNBOARDS come through again, to help the unknowing...In my case at least 5-6 times!
Thanks AGAIN!

point6

1 - 3 of 3 Posts