Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a Uruguayan Mauser Model 1908 Short Rifle, manufactured by DWM and chambered in the original 7x57.

The crest is very thin, but my concern is the stock. I believe it has been replaced, possibly with an FN version.

Can anyone here tell me definitively if the stock could be correct? I don't believe the bolt cut out should be present from what I've seen.

Also, any thoughts on the bayonet? Original to the rifle, or some other variant?

Thanks very much for the help. I'm on the fence about it.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,942 Posts
Your rifle has a long rifle rear sight rather than a M1908 short rifle rear sight, so it has probably been cut down. The stock is not correct. It should not have the bolt cutout, finger grooves, or wrist swivel. The stock looks like a VZ12/33 stock, aka M1908/34. Or it could be a Brazilian made stock. It does not look like any kind of FN stock. The bayonet looks like a M1908 type and could be correct if it has no Brazilian markings.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Much appreciated, sir.

FYI - I am going to pass, but will forward the seller's contact info if anyone else here is interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.