Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that responded or remember the troubles I was having, I believe I can now say all is well. I was a bit worried I had purchased a rifle that wasn't going to be much of a shooter. From center to center the farthest shot placement measured 1 3/8". Its a 4 shot group made at 100 yards from a bench and sand bag.

Ammo: Remington 150 grain Core Lokt PSP

Same crappy mounts, same crappy scope!

I just tightened it down nice and tight and used an in-chamber laser bore sighter before going to the range. It was producing overlapping shots at 25 yards when I first got to the range but was shooting high and to the left. Anyway, I tweaked the scope a bit here and there, moved out to 50 and then 100 yards. I know all you fancy sub-MOA guys would have nightmares after shooting 1 3/8" groups at 100 yards, but heck, for a $325.00 pawn shop rifle, she ain't bad! :)

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
85 Posts
Have you tried any different ammo? It can make a huge difference just trying different brands and/or bullet weights. Some of the premium stuff can get well under MOA. I had a Savage 110 many years ago, shot sub MOA with Federal premium 100 gr. I never did anything to the rifle but adjust the trigger. It had weaver mounts and a Bushnell Banner scope, nothing fancy, but shot great.

·
Copper Bullet Member
331 Posts
Nice, some hand loads or different ammo with probably improve on that. It would put meat in the freeze as is though. Good buy, at that price I might have bought it just for the action. Good Luck.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,499 Posts
Don't give up on the idea of swapping ammo. I have a Howa 1500 that HATES any NATO surplus. I am talking shotgun patterns at 50 yards. Swapping to 168 gr Prvi Match fixed it straight away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts