1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Silver Bullet member
55,184 Posts
Yes...money influences research, education, news....politics, looniest lobbyist ....and fanatics fantastics ...
Protect the environment ...human local wastes ....be responsible personally...for water, and know things...
Globule warming ....proven simply with ice core drilling many many years ago...as cycles ever present...
Thanks good flick....new info about the stars planets....

·
Gold Bullet member
2,347 Posts
Thanks for posting Sgt. Theses Global Warming/Climate Change/Whatever clowns have taken things to the point where it is their religion and anyone who speaks against them is a heretic that must be burned at the stake.

You can always tell when one side in a scientific or logical debate is losing and cannot stand to lose. They abandon the use of facts and logic and start calling for the execution of any opposition as heretics.

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well , a couple of things.. if these guys have it right.. and I don't assume that, the global warmers had it "right" when they just looked at CO2 before industrialization, these guys still may be a couple factors short of perfect wisdom themselves. But if they have it right enough to even be partially predictive.. we could be looking at another ice age or at least a very cold minimum.. that is not a better fate than global warming.. so something to think about.

And pollution is still a bad thing.. still unhealthy.. still wasteful ... back when everybody was lighting their homes with Kerosene, gasoline was a waste product from refining that just got dumped outside the gates of the plant.

Frankly I think that the "global warmers" latched on to an apocalyptic consequence when it became painfully obvious folks weren't going to do the right thing about protecting the planet and not wasting resources and not poisoning and polluting the planet, as a way to try and scare people into doing the right thing... That approach sucked, does suck, shall continue to suck, but it doesn't change the fact that conservation and not shittting in your living room is still the right thing.

Whatever consequences of climate change might be, and whatever may cause it.. especially overpopulation ... means a shortage of important resources and the basic necessities of life, or at least pricing them beyond the reach of a lot of people and that means war, or at least it has thru history.

Personally I think we can adapt to any climate change thru technology and efficiencies in how we use resources .. but lets face it.. being efficient and using technology is not a popular thing, or something we do with any wisdom or with an eye to the future. I don't care if it is nuclear power, or using money and credit, or consumption, or even just having food, we waste and leave a mess and squander, or overdo, and just don't think.. maybe not being wasteful and cleaning up after ourselves and not trying to consume far more than our most fanciful dreams of greed and avarice should be a religion , and maybe heresy should mean death.. however, religion or no... we are making problems for ourselves by how we waste and consume, and all of us fear that it could mean death or disaster, if not personally, to many things and people and places that we love.

Just because we don't cause earthquakes , doesn't mean our house isn't going to collapse if we have one.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Globule warming ....proven simply with ice core drilling many many years ago...as cycles ever present...
"Global warming" is simply a political scheme to gain more control over citizens and industry...

As DK says, during "Operation Deepfreeze" (which as I remember was in the 1950s) U.S. scientists made borings into the Antarctic ice, proving beyond a shadow of doubt that the earth has had many cycles of ice ages followed by global warming, and that these "cycles" have been ongoing for millions of years...

Yet, the current crop of politicians in Washington D.C. try to convince us that the very cold 2013/2014 winter was caused by "global warming", and if we don't use gasoline, coal, and can keep our cattle from farting, everything will be OK...

What a bunch of pure, unadulterated, B.S. !!!

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Got to agree that climate change has always occurred and is going on now. Reducing our negative effects on the environment should always be part of our ethos, its just common sense.

But as far as this politicized abomination that they are pushing on us, its crap. Someone recently said (wish I could remember who) that the reality of what is happening is just not matching the computer models of what they say is happening. In my neck of the woods we have animals in abundance that 10 - 15 years ago you just never saw. A lot of that is due to reduced use of dangerous chemicals and people just not going out of their way to kill them en mass. I guess fewer people in some areas has something to do with it as well. :)

Personally I think that the plants and animals are a better indicator of reality than even unbiased records since the wildlife will simply cease to exist where the conditions are intolerable to them. This recent winter's "polar vortex" is a great example, all of the winter killed plants near my house were exotics, introduced by people as decoration, shade trees etc. native species appear to be relatively unharmed. Records can be inaccurate and in any case are limited to how far back they go and are collected from individual scattered points.

Nature occurs everywhere, I think we should use that as our indicator.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Global warming has been continuous for at least 10,000 years since the glaciers from the last ice age started melting. As for climate change, The climate started changing 10,000 + years ago and is still on going in the same "change" direction.

·
Silver Bullet member
55,184 Posts
Global warming has been continuous for at least 10,000 years since the glaciers from the last ice age started melting. As for climate change, The climate started changing 10,000 + years ago and is still on going in the same "change" direction.
It’s history continued..

Reactions: chester
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.