Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
11,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one seems to be somewhere between a low-wall and high-wall. First I've seen like this. The local shop has three 1941 Izhevsks.

Shotgun

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,638 Posts

·
Banned
11,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have access to the tang. It does look like the 5.0.1 photo on Ted's sight, and both rocker98's and this one are 1941 Izhevsk.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Receiver variations have never received a lot of attention here. :)

I have had 2 semi-low walls. Both of mine looked like they received the next pass on the mill from the one bones92 found.

Wood Metal
Gun Rifle Trigger Shotgun Wood

I thought for years that this was a 5.0.1 I finally decided that it was a semi too.

Bumper Revolver

1941 is a very interesting year to collect as the Soviets became quite busy making rifles to counter the German invasion. At the beginning of 1941, Mosins were built just like they were in the late 1930s. By the end of that year, most of the features we associate with wartime production were in place.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,638 Posts
The 1940-41 made Mosins are appealing to me. The receiver transition is striking.

L-R 1940 Tula, 1940 Izhevsk, 1941 Izhevsk, 1941 Izhevsk M38, and a 1943 just to show where it ended up. All the changes that occured in between 40-43 are pretty cool :)

Not to mention all the material saving ideas that went on inside the receiver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.