Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4YNIyjAUY

scene at 28:58 shows a unusual Luger, notice the extra fat barrel? with some type of lug beneath it? is this a real Luger or some type of prop? or a custom heavy barrel? looks like it has the standard sites on it.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
103,474 Posts
Hmm- interesting. Never seen one like that myself, but i keep discovering things I haven't seen before. Quite suits me that there are new things to learn, eh?

·
Administrator
3,157 Posts
hmmm, it looks real - except for barrel and the odd thing underneath

so, I would say a modified prop of some sort - well worn, so used or handled a lot

·
Registered
13,911 Posts
The grip attachment also looks a bit funny to me.

It looks to me like it might be some sort of 'anatomically correct' paintball gun, pellet gun, or something along those lines.

I would probably bet money that it isn't a functional P08.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the odd lug piece could be to hold the prop barrel in place, possibly to fire blanks to simulate live fire

the barrel could be made of pot metal and looks like they used some cold bluing to darken it to match

·
Registered
247 Posts
My wag is the lower is from a Luger carbine, and the upper from a regular P 08.
The piece on the front of the frame is the mounting bracket for the forearm.
Just my guess.

I'm gonna leave this up as a reminder to myself to read who posts in a thread. There is a freaking Luger expert ( Edward), if it were from a Luger carbine, I think he would have spotted it. God I'm dumb.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wag is the lower is from a Luger carbine, and the upper from a regular P 08.
The piece on the front of the frame is the mounting bracket for the forearm.
Just my guess.

I'm gonna leave this up as a reminder to myself to read who posts in a thread. There is a freaking Luger expert ( Edward), if it were from a Luger carbine, I think he would have spotted it. God I'm dumb.
here's how the bracket / lug looks on a Luger carbine, it has a extension with a elongated slot

Attachments

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4YNIyjAUY

scene at 28:58 shows a unusual Luger, notice the extra fat barrel? with some type of lug beneath it? is this a real Luger or some type of prop? or a custom heavy barrel? looks like it has the standard sites on it.
Looks like a prop gun seen advertised in the backs of magazines years ago. World War 2 magazine had them.

·
Gold Bullet member
297 Posts
I think it's a movie prop. I just watched that episode and found it interesting. The interesting thing is Actor Pat Hingle is the paranoid guy that has the Luger. Years later in a made for TV. Movie called the Town Bully(1988) he uses a Luger to shoot the Town Bully and the citizens of the Town encases the gun in a concrete memorial that they were building at the time.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
The ad above is for plastic pistols that spat out little red pellets, me and the younger bro had em everywhere around the house.

Im thinking its a blank fireing Luger, much like Gary Cooper use as "Sargent York" , where he had to use one on film because the Luger could be modifyed to shoot blanks and the .45 Colt Automatic couldnt.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
The ad above is for plastic pistols that spat out little red pellets, me and the younger bro had em everywhere around the house.

My older brother had the one with the magazine sticking out the side. I used to like that thing when I could find pellets for it. I believe I have a 1980's issue of Guns & Ammo that has that exact same ad above for those different models.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
the ones I remember were made of metal and could be field stripped like a real pistol, but the ad said "NO Sales to California Except for Theatrical use only"

back in those days mail order was very slow and took about 6 - 8 weeks.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
the ones I remember were made of metal and could be field stripped like a real pistol, but the ad said "NO Sales to California Except for Theatrical use only"

back in those days mail order was very slow and took about 6 - 8 weeks.
Yep we've come along away since then.........although Kalifornia has remained the same with its medieval laws........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.