Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here's one I've had for a while.When it's sitting on the table it looks just like any other typical Army helmet(minus the star)until you pick it up.Then you notice it
weighs about half of what a normal helmet does.It seems to be made out of aluminum or some other light weight alloy.Hard to see how this would provide any
protection at all.It has seen a lot of use and is not a movie prop.My guess is its some kind of home guard helmet.Any ideas?Is any of the kanji inside readable?
Thanks for any help you can provide.Lance

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Youth used them as well. I have a couple of aluminum helmets with ownership-related kanji written in ink on the lining and inner surface. These also have school badges attached to the front where the star would normally be located.

C/

·
Silver Bullet Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

THUANG,thanks for the translation.Seinen,there are only two characters in the crown,the other two groups are next to each other on the side.Hope these pics are better.
Jareth,thanks for the update.Lance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.