Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"S/42 Marked K98 8mm Mauser dated 1937.It has a laminated stock,stock and bolt are numbered and match the receiver( cupped butt plate)." I bought this fron TGI as a Yugo because it was imported with their Yugo's. I had several other Yugo 98K but they all had the Communist Crest. This one has no markings(other than import mark) to indicate it is a true Yugo. Anyone ever see a Yugo scrubbed of all German markings except Receiver Markings and Mod. 98? It it really a Yugo or perhaps another Country's.

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
The new serial number locations on reciever, bolt and stock are sure signs of Yugo work. I have not seen one with the date and maker markings left intact like this. Interesting for sure!

·
Gold Bullet member
995 Posts
Nice finds... to Random1935 and whitey07 ... thanks for the pics... I need one of those for the Yugo collection... (Add another variant to my want/search list)

How is the bore??

whitey07 can u post some pics of yours also?....

·
Gold Bullet member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice finds... to Random1935 and whitey07 ... thanks for the pics... I need one of those for the Yugo collection... (Add another variant to my want/search list)

How is the bore??

whitey07 can u post some pics of yours also?....
The bore on my S/42 1937 is excellent Shiny.

·
Gold Bullet member
995 Posts
Mine is completely scrubbed and fires like a champ! Watch the vid...
creepiE,

I like the way the mausers are smooth even for lefties....of which, I are one...

That avatar cat needs to play in traffic...:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
rcmauser dont have any pics of my 42 40 code yc its not really anything wonderfull looks to have been rebarreled. yesterday i got a totaly scrubbed yc98k with a 6x32 zrak scope and mounts its a real beauti.if you go to riflechair.com go to the bottom and hit riflechairs yugo mauser thats the very same rifle .gonna try her out in about 2 hours should be good

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Here is a similar oddball. I purchased this one (and another - obviously a Yugo) from a respected gunboards member with an excellent reputation. Both were advertised on the trader here. It is an early Century import and he told me that it came to the importer in a batch of rifles from Yugoslavia. It is partially scrubbed and has been fitted with a Vz24 stock. Folks more familiar with Yugo rifles than I have told me that it couldn't be from Yugoslavia - they never did anything like that, so I'm not sure what I have. I don't doubt either source, just happy to have such a neat oddball. :eek: DDR

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
yugo

Mine has a vz 24 reciever, a yugo barrel and german stock, but sure is beatiful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts