Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
In the book "German Combat Knives 1914-1946" by Christian Mary, on page 78 is a photo of a knife that looks exactly like the top knife in your first photo, with the light tan handle. it is listed as a Luftwaffen Aircrew knife. I agree with Stede, that the knife looks very new, probably a reproduction, but the Puma is nice. John

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
... I agree with Stede, that the knife looks very new, probably a reproduction, but the Puma is nice. John
Hi, John, thx., for your response.

At the very moment I don´t want to buy a knife, used in the world wars, in the future because it look´s (too) new, time has come for me better to start collecting beer coaster ! ;)

Yes, the condition of the knife is near mint but my stomach tells me, it´s manufactured pre ´45.

Best regards,
R.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
In the book "German Combat Knives 1914-1946" by Christian Mary, on page 78 is a photo of a knife that looks exactly like the top knife in your first photo, with the light tan handle. it is listed as a Luftwaffen Aircrew knife. I agree with Stede, that the knife looks very new, probably a reproduction, but the Puma is nice. John

John, in Christian Mery´s book:
COUTEAUX ET POIGNARDS-BAIONETTES DANS L´ARMEE ALLEMANDE (1914-1945) you can find, (on page 250), another example of an, such pattern, knife in excellent condition.

I do have Christian´s permission to show images.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.