Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspected that. But how did you know? "02" on slide release? I have never seen this crest on Tokarev grips before.
This gun has this crest on left side and normal "HU" on the right side. Got any webpage with info about it?

This is the other side of the gun.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Rumor is the soviets didn't like the people they subjugated expressing their national identity.
Sounds about right.

If you read Marx, once the proletariat had rose up 'all over the world' and shed their capitalist masters (this was INEVITABLE, by the way), all the governments and nation-states were supposed to become unnecessary, and would on their own fade away into the sunset.

If you don't have a good reason to realize that Marx was spouting pure BS from the get-go, this statement alone should do it for you.

·
Registered
293 Posts
IIRC, the 02,,,11,,etc were the arsenal codes in the old Warsaw Pact. 11 was RADOM in Poland, but other Polish factories had a different code. o2 may just be the code for the factory that built the Magyar TOK, perhaps FEG??
HTH
Okrana
The 02 is the country code for hungary just as is 11 for poland for example.
The crest was the symbol of the rakosi government.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 02 is the country code for hungary just as is 11 for poland for example.
The crest was the symbol of the rakosi government.
Which crest was the symbol of the rakosi government? Left or right?
All HU tokarevs that I found online have the same crest on both sides, this one has a crest that I never seen before and I can't find it online.

I also own some tokarevs, and this one will be next, if I'm lucky ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
The grip with the sickle and plowshare is original to this rig1949-56(rakosi gov. era),the other grip is from the kadar era 1957-58 and is probably a replacement.
I saw russian toks with the hungarian grips,i also heard of magyar toks coming from nam as bring backs.I find this stuff facinating.
Check out gb auction# 395652071
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks to me like Izhevsk frame from 1948, HU slide, HU slide stop, and HU grips from "kadar era 1957-58".

And the price?! $1800?! WTF?! Why?

Thank you for your explanation of the crests, was very helpful. I lost interest a bit to the gun now that I know there should be the same grips on it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looks to me like Izhevsk frame from 1948, HU slide, HU slide stop, and HU grips from "kadar era 1957-58".

And the price?! $1800?! WTF?! Why?

Thank you for your explanation of the crests, was very helpful. I lost interest a bit to the gun now that I know there should be the same grips on it.
A true all matching Hungarian with a matching mag, should be in the ballpark of $1800.00 Yes they are Rare. The one in the auction seemed to be several uninformed bidders, as it's a mixmaster of parts.

Is the gun in the OP parkerized?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I beg to differ,actualy the mismatched ones tend to bring a premium from what I gather,although I personally would prefer the all matching,original blue,etc specimens.
In the case of the one we have here,I don't think the different grip matters that much because everything else seems original.
If you still not interested anymore please lead us to where its offered for sale,I would realy appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.