Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got a clue on this one . It is marked (automatic pistol republic patent) Looks like 32 acp and has a turn out barrell takedown like a baby browning. Only other markings are SN#39369 Thanks c

·
Gold Bullet member
592 Posts
I believe a number of companies made this model. Paramount, EU, Eibar, & later Astra (which I believe bought out EU) I think they were made from around 1900 thru WW2. Is the bottom of the mag marked?

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,296 Posts
Spanish made pistol, made between 1918 and 1923 based on type of pistol grip material, and lack of proof marks implemented by the Eibar proof house in 1923. The "Republic" name was used by several Spanish manufacturers during this period.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help,Iwondered why it did not show proof marks or country of origin. there are no marks on th mag but the safty lever is marked S and F which I would think was taylored to the american market. I hear it alot but the owner told me his grandfather brought it back from WW2. c

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
77,313 Posts
A lot of weapons were used in WWII that were not officially adopted by the Germans or other entities.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.