Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I browsed ted's site and didn't see this one there so I thought I'd ask. it appears to be an "IT". It is on the same 91 as the civil gaurd number I posted about earlier.The reviever has no date on the tang but has the tula hammer. I didn't see the mark on the stock on his site either, so I added a pic of that too.
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
There have been a lot of unknown marks showing up lately. There is also a post about unknown numbers under the butt plate. I have no idea what all these new marks are I was hoping that Ted would chime in and I could learn something new.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That was the other rifle I picked up this past weekend. I'm still looking over this thing and saw that the rear sight on this one is numbered differently than my other 91, but only on one side. I guess we'll see what pops up.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Ted, Does the Austrian conversion account for the numbers under the butt plate?

·
Administrator
19,256 Posts
You've got a rifle with three different lives there. At its start it was an Imperial m/1891, captured by German/Austro-Hungarian forces. After the war it was bought by Finland and it was a m/91 assigned to a CG unit prior as evidenced by the CG number on the receiver. From there it served on until repair where it was broken down into parts for a rebuild during the Continuation War when more rifles were needed. Tikka built it a new barrel and assembled it into a Tikka m/91 with a new stock from the state facility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts