Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I browsed ted's site and didn't see this one there so I thought I'd ask. it appears to be an "IT". It is on the same 91 as the civil gaurd number I posted about earlier.The reviever has no date on the tang but has the tula hammer. I didn't see the mark on the stock on his site either, so I added a pic of that too.
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
There have been a lot of unknown marks showing up lately. There is also a post about unknown numbers under the butt plate. I have no idea what all these new marks are I was hoping that Ted would chime in and I could learn something new.

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
You've got a rifle with three different lives there. At its start it was an Imperial m/1891, captured by German/Austro-Hungarian forces. After the war it was bought by Finland and it was a m/91 assigned to a CG unit prior as evidenced by the CG number on the receiver. From there it served on until repair where it was broken down into parts for a rebuild during the Continuation War when more rifles were needed. Tikka built it a new barrel and assembled it into a Tikka m/91 with a new stock from the state facility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.