Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, to me anyway. Some of you may recognize them right away. French?

Looks like the grunt humping the ass is also humping some mortar rounds... Maybe the ass is for the company's mess & they don't want to run all the fat off'n it... It doesn't appear wounded - all alert & everything... for no more than I know about ani-mules.

Since I should have gone to bed several hours ago, all sorts of trivial questions keep popping up... Like: when the company digs foxholes for their night defensive position, do they also dig an ***hole? If the four-legged grunt is a long-term member of the company, does it have any uniform items? Like an ***hat?

But worst of all, suppose a soldier from another unit passes by & remarks to the grunt, "My! You sure have a cute little ***!!" :eek:

If I was the OIC, I wouldn't be as concerned about an immediate fight as I would there being NO fight at all! :cool: :eek:

Hmmm... I may be getting myself in too deep here... off for a badly-needed nap now. SW

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
93,651 Posts
I had the same reaction. And there is something about the guy who doesn't have a piss-pot on that looks like French North African Colonial troop to me.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
93,651 Posts
Possibly. Though seems like they usually wore a striped cloak.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
I agree, Algeria.
Poot

·
Registered
889 Posts
"In April 1958, in the Kenchela sector, legionaires saved the life of a young donkey injured by a bullet and foresaken by its Algerian owner. For this deed the Legion was presented with numerous awards and certificates from various bodies, including the Societe Protectrice des Animaux and the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The donkey, which was adopted by the legionaire, seems to be enjoying his unusual journey in this photograph." Iniforms Illustrated No. 15 "French Foreign Legion 1940 to the Present" by Yves L. Cadiou and Tibor Szecsko page 43

Now you know the rest of the story!

·
Platinum Bullet member
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that! And here I thought it was some native levies with their evening meal in tow! SW

·
Registered
718 Posts
5thDragoons, U funny!
I wonder how bad an a$$bag you have to be to be ASSigned to haul the Co. ass?
Gives a whole new meaning to the term "mount up".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts