Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
12,903 Posts
maybe french, does'nt look like the holster that was with my 08. should have never sold that rig, but i swear, i could'nt hit a barn door with it.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,941 Posts
My first thought was Japanese Type 26 revolver, but several features are wrong for that. It lacks the ammo pouch that both French and Japanese holsters had. A unique feature seems to be the shape of the suspension rings. If it can be identified, it might be the rings that does it.

·
Silver Bullet member
519 Posts
I went back to ebay & found that auction. They have it listed as a Argentina Model 1905 Mannlicher Holster. If I remember correctly the Mannlicher was manufactured in Austria, I think ? Went to Google and found a couple of different holsters for this pistol, 1 being the one listed here.

Don

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Looks, Japanese,,looks French,,,,The rings don't look right for a Japanese, I think they're supposed to be oval in shape. Plus the two I've had didn't have any rivits in the construction holding the belt loop or ring straps on. But never say never.
It could be a private purchase from a independent maker. There are some known for the small 32 autos purchased by Japanese Officers. That could account for the lack of the ammo and cleaning rod pounches being left off. How's that for rationalizing!!
Same could be said of it if for the Lebel.

Could be the Steyr 1905!,,hadn't thought of that one.

What ever it's for,,it's a very nice holster!

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,941 Posts

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.