·
Copper Bullet member
9,135 Posts
Iran.

Reactions: daveccarlson

·
Copper Bullet member
9,135 Posts
No, not really worth anything beyond shooting ammo, but I would keep the box and a round or two. I recall it being dirty but pretty accurate.

Reactions: daveccarlson

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
likely came out of the balkans. Mine is ‘90s vintage. This is the oldest I’ve seen.
non corrosive btw. Iranians are very proud of the fact that they make their own primers.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
likely came out of the balkans. Mine is ‘90s vintage. This is the oldest I’ve seen.
non corrosive btw. Iranians are very proud of the fact that they make their own primers.
Primers? BFD...If you can make a nuke?..you can make primers no sweat!

·
Copper Bullet member
9,135 Posts
Let's hope they get stopped at primer technology.

Reactions: NY50/70

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Primers? BFD...If you can make a nuke?..you can make primers no sweat!
It’s only a big deal if you make it a big deal.
But to show how much they played this up - Chavez’s govt in venezuela was gloating about the Iranians helping set up their own primer manufacturing operation since, up to then, they had essentially been buying primers from CCI. Well, through corruption and incompetence the primer factory flopped and, as far as I know, the Chinese are making much of their ammo now and headstamping it with Venezuelan marks.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Heard Iran to Gaza, Israelis grabbed it and surplused, wood english language 1000 round crate if anyone wants pics. No drama good ammo when around, did not rust my sks after minimal water cleaning. May be nonCor. Think you have 94 date. Berdan primer if I remember? Not too difficult to pry out, not like the yugo brass case devils. May be confused with the south African. Anyway, good ammo.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,135 Posts
I think both Gaza and Bosnia are sources of this ammo; I recall batches came at different times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts