Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I overlooked this but have been wondering for months what this bear marking was and some real experts told me what it was and it turns out it is a berndorfer arsenal marking from when the former complete rifle was captured by austria-hungary in the great war.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,451 Posts
The Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik bear is very interesting! It seems to be far less common than the AZF (Artillerie Zeug Fabrik) and the ŒWG (Österreichische Waffenfabriks Gesellschaft; Steyr) markings.

·
Diamond Member
5,558 Posts
Great rifle with a really cool stamp....one of my favorites. Last time I checked there are certainly more than a handful of the Bear found on Mosin Type rifles but certainly hard to find. Congrats on your "new" find and thanks for the pics Denny

·
Registered
784 Posts
Great rifle with a really cool stamp....one of my favorites. Last time I checked there are certainly more than a handful of the Bear found on Mosin Type rifles but certainly hard to find. Congrats on your "new" find and thanks for the pics Denny
Very cool, any chance you can point out where you can find that information? I personally can only find a few examples.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts