Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A recent acquisition to my modest collection and bound to stir some discussion. (Cross Posted to K98 Forum G41/43 sub forum)
G43 marked received with only WaA749 visible on the underside. WaA134 marked barrel and WaA134 marked bolt carrier.
Walther marked milled bolt housing and locking lugs. Unique rear sight ladder and unique base. Original muzzle nut present but retainer is absent and appears never installed.
Lots of images in a Flickr album for review.
CLICK THE LINK or copy/paste:: Early G43

I've chosen to leave it in as-is for now.
Story from seller is that this G43 was brought back from the ETO exactly as shown. Just a story, no papers.

(Cross Posted to K98 Forum)
Wood Rectangle Font Metal Event

Wood Trigger Air gun Rectangle Font

Brown Wood Rectangle Gas Bag

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is such a cool rifle. Super rare, early example. Maybe even a tool room example due to lack of proof marks? It may have been part of the treasure trove of cool weapons found in Walther when the Third Army captured it.

Would you consider buying another stock to keep it in while saving the shattered original?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Would you consider buying another stock to keep it in while saving the shattered original?"

If I could find a nice original stock I would seriously consider moving the action over to it. Putting it in a reproduction stock isn't something I would do.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
With a WaA749 on the receiver and the unnotched scope rail, it is clearly a Gustloff (bcd) made G43....It's interesting that none of the parts appear to have been serial numbered....Find a cleaning rod, hang it on the wall and enjoy it...Perhaps an inmate in a camp used it to beat some SS guards....George Stevens filmed some footage of a dead Dachau guard with a busted stocked K98k lying beside his body....Seems I remember it was busted in the same spot...Bodes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts