Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
10,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just attended the militaria expo in Ciney, Belgium. What an experience! Huge show!! Not much for Italian items, though. I did score a 3rd variety M38 bayonet & cav moschetto bayonet for well under US prices. No pics since I sent them via UPS with an NVA helmet & a couple other items I bought. Got a German language book on fighting knives showing legit variations I've never seen before.

And this... I didn't realize fascist Balilla had a separate navy unit, but Ralph confirmed that. I'd never seen one before and grabbed it on the chance it might be legit. It is, and I'd rather be lucky than good.

So is it a cap tally or cuff title? I don't know. Every time a question is answered, it begets further questions... like could it be some Balilla moschettos might be marked with a Regia Marina anchor? If I ever see one, I will not haggle the price! SW

·
Gold Bullet member
12,070 Posts
I just attended the militaria expo in Ciney, Belgium. What an experience! Huge show!! Not much for Italian items, though. I did score a 3rd variety M38 bayonet & cav moschetto bayonet for well under US prices. No pics since I sent them via UPS with an NVA helmet & a couple other items I bought. Got a German language book on fighting knives showing legit variations I've never seen before.

And this... I didn't realize fascist Balilla had a separate navy unit, but Ralph confirmed that. I'd never seen one before and grabbed it on the chance it might be legit. It is, and I'd rather be lucky than good.

So is it a cap tally or cuff title? I don't know. Every time a question is answered, it begets further questions... like could it be some Balilla moschettos might be marked with a Regia Marina anchor? If I ever see one, I will not haggle the price! SW

View attachment 774635
Steve:

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Can't wait to see the photos when you get back. :thumbsup:

PS: I mailed the two Italian books to you on Tuesday, 4/22. They should be waiting for you when you get home. :)

·
Gold Bullet member
12,070 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome back Steve. I just went through my one Italian source for Balilla uniforms (Italia in Camicia Nera, Octavo Publishing, various authors) to see if I could find anything more definitive; I'm leaning towards a cap tally; I'll send you a pic as soon as I can (who knows when that will be?) of a cap with a similar tally, but limited to the words "Opera Balilla", with flanking anchors that seem identical to yours. Sounds like you did well at Ciney. Ralph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts