Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into a crispy Veteran at the range the other day who had a Mak bringback with papers.

he said he found it in a pack full of them still in the cosmo on the Trail.

I think it said 1966 or 65 on the slide...

after he showed it to me...it occured to me that this was a nice piece of history and I had a camera.....

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Awesome piece - too bad I never run into crispy old vets with nice items who need $$$.
Thanks for having the presence of mind to take a photo and share.

·
Gold Bullet member
550 Posts
Great pics !! :)

regards....roger

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yeah....I forgot to mention he had it stolen along with some other guns and Tampa police were able to return only this one to him!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You still haven't! Thats a 66. Looks like it has been pretty well used. To bad he didn't buy an import to shoot.

Here is the 66 I brought back (have the papers). Mine is near mint and will stay that way because I have a chicom & east German to shoot. :D
Sarge

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
thanx guys!!!
The MAC has 1 flaw - I didn't get a matching mag with it. :mad: The mag not only doesn't match but is a rust pocked beast. I suppose a matching mag was in the holster, but who knows. It's still the way I got it even tho I have russian mags.
Sarge

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I love the story my former boss told me of when, as a Marine in 1968, his point man saw a planned NVA ambush and his patrol was able to initiate a counter ambush. My boss said that after the counter ambush they were collecting the NVA weapons and he took from an NVA officer a "pearl handled 9 mm". I showed him a photo of a Mak and a T54 and he picked out the Mak. He said that he gave it to his point man as a souvenir. Sure wish I could find that point man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts