1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
94,164 Posts
And then there was the pediatrician who put the baby in the rear-facing seat in her husband's car. He didn't notice, left the kid to bake when he went to work (at the same place momma does - wonder why they couldn't car-pool?).

·
59,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe they could not stand each other ?

·
Silver Bullet member
4,753 Posts
Our local veterinary clinic has a sign up: Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
^Heh. Serves 'em right! :D

I just can't understand why our country is so inconsistent about the penalties in such situations. On the one hand, we have a guy that leaves his kiddo in the car while he goes into the famous Cathouse in NV to get his swerve on, and he gets locked up in record time. On the OTHER hand, we have the woman (having a prior record of THREE such offenses) who leaves her young 'un in the car in Batavia, OH long enough to not only DIE but have a core temp in excess of 110° and gets off scot-free.

What the hell?

·
59,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In one instance a female did it and cries. In the other instance a male did it.

Look at the treatment given to teachers who bed their students. The man gets sent away for a long time. The woman gets off or gets probation.

·
Gold Bullet member
335 Posts
It's called equal rights. Now quit being so sexist.

(I'm kidding of course)

That would be a terrible way to go. I couldn't even imagine.

·
59,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reference to teachers did not include parents. But the same applies. Locally, a mother, whose son went to Covington Catholic High School, was throwing parties for the son's school mates and bedding some of the school mates. She was finally caught the the Commonwealth Attorney first worked out a deal that only had her on probation. Just guess what would have happened if it had been the father bedding some of his daughter's school mates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts