Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is being sold locally for $1,200.00 I am speechless. Somebody spent a whole lot of money on this one. From the way the original post reads, the owner is quite proud of his work. I don't have the heart to comment. The money he spent could have been used to purchase a very nice sniper rifle.

Coup

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
The Bubba works in mysterious ways. O...M...G. I was planning to get a late night snack. Lost my appetite but maybe I could use a stiff drink after seeing that. And I don't drink.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,134 Posts
Why do these dolts always mount their scopes so damn high?

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I understand it on that rifle. can you imagine trying to get a cheek weld - chin weld - on that flat piece of steel and bolts that hold the stock together? ...But for $1200, it looks like the guy would have included that $39.00 Leapers scope it probably had on it. Don't you just love that modern Ikea-looking building block base looks for the rail? I bet he used only the finest Phillips head self tapping screws from Home Depot to hold it on.

Coup de tat, can you post the description this budding custom gunsmith put in his ad?

At least he didn't put a brass door hinge on it so it could fold, lol. I guess they weren't on sale at the hardware store when he built it.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
My only thought when I see something like this is somebody had too much time and money on their hands. The really scary part will be when somebody buys it for that price and believe me stranger things have and will happen. Bill

·
Admin Emeritus
19,077 Posts
Why do you guys pursist in posting this blasphemy?

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
I think it's pretty neat but, I don't like the scope mount. Your cheek isn't going to me on the metal, but further back. And as always, it was a $75.00 rifle. Worth $1,200.00, no way. Although, he probably has that much time value invested.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I think it's pretty neat but, I don't like the scope mount. Your cheek isn't going to me on the metal, but further back. And as always, it was a $75.00 rifle. Worth $1,200.00, no way. Although, he probably has that much time value invested.
I have too much time invested in it, lol.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.