Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got some time today to shoot my new 1861 navy and it did pretty well as for the 1851 CSA shop keeper well that another story and it still needs more work or maybe its just me LOL This is a 12 shot target with the Uberti at 25 yards 18 gr of 4f black and home cast balls CCI #10 caps and a Crisco mix over the balls Just for good measure

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Very nice revolver, Uberti is the only maker I will buy anymore, not to bash Pietta but all I will say, is I HAD about 8 Piettas at one point or another, now I have 0 and still have my 4 Ubertis.

I think since Uberti got "folded" into the Beretta-Stoeger-Franchi etc. family quality has improved greatly. The percussion repros are no longer seen as "toys" like in past decades but are now made to actually endure real shooting. Even though I don't do Cowboy Action Shooting, I love it because it sparked an interest in Old West firearms and prompted Uberti to up their QC because they realized people won't pay $400 for an 1860 Colt repro just to hang on the wall.

I love the .36's, I have the "London Navy" and the Leech & Rigdon, essentially a 51 Navy with plain cylinder and round barrel. I couldn't be happier with both of them and they are very accurate and shoot to POA. I wanted repros of a CSA and something like the British may have carried in the 1850's and both of these fit the bill. I can't afford nor would I shoot originals so Uberti is about as good as it gets for me. I also have a Uberti 1858 Rem, an older "Lyman" marked one but I am not a huge fan of the Remingtons. I just love the Colt repros and will always have a soft spot for the open-top front stuffers. It doesn't get much cooler than my 3rd Dragoon .44, what a hand cannon!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Dragoon is on my want list but ill have to find a good deal on one before I buy LOL I have 9 cap & ball revolvers and the all like diffrent caps and sizes I need to keep a note book LOL I have been replacing the nipples a little at a time but I still have a few to go

·
Silver Bullet member
835 Posts
The Dragoon is on my want list but ill have to find a good deal on one before I buy LOL I have 9 cap & ball revolvers and the all like diffrent caps and sizes I need to keep a note book LOL I have been replacing the nipples a little at a time but I still have a few to go
Nipple are a major fly in the ointment on C&B revolvers. I'm well north of forty now and even the note book is a pain. I chuck up nipples in a drill and work the profile as needed for a nice tight fit. I'm down to only needing three sizes on hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.