Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Diamond Member
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,478 Posts
WAAAAY too many toys John and far too much time to play with them!

Beautiful presentation, as always and a fantastic collection! Jealousy runs rampant once again!

Thanks for sharing this with us! Definitely WWI worthy with the subject being well covered in the lineage of the weapons presented. Outstanding!

Warmest regards,

JPS

·
Diamond Member
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments, fellows. JPS is right, I am fortunate to have time to play with my toys. I have just about come to the end of what I will be able to do on that line without winning the lottery, or selling off all the WWI stuff (ain't happening yet), so it was time to play show & tell.

John

·
Diamond Member
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very good! Isn't that the Belgian queen Elisabeth on the picture (I think so)?
Yes, Indeed. I read that she was very concerned with the soldiers' welfare. Quite an admirable lady, on reading more of her life.

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Yes, Indeed. I read that she was very concerned with the soldiers' welfare. Quite an admirable lady, on reading more of her life.
She was loved indeed by the Belgian soldiers ... her husband king Albert I even more. They went into the trenches on places were no sane person would go voluntarely. That's one of the reasons they called him "The King Knight".

·
8,107 Posts
tplan, definitely "WW1 friendly", but I do have to say:

"Must have MOOOOORE Charleville Pattern Muskets!!!!!"

Okay (phew!), got that off my chest....

:) Beautiful collection and you are up to date on your information, not all collectors are, especially when covering that broad a range.

·
Diamond Member
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess we found where TP's buttons can be pushed ;) but then we Virginians do love our Harper's Ferry muskets. Thanks for the compliments. I realized a few years ago there was a small window of time & money where I could try for such a collection, so I decided I needed to do a lot of study. It doesn't pay to venture into any collecting field without doing your homework. I'm preaching mostly to the choir here with that, but any collectors just starting out who read this, take heed: Buy a lot of books, read everything you can find on the net, keep your ears & eyes open, and ask questions. End of sermon.

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.