1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Ask permission first BEFORE you touch your wife or girlfriend. Any "unwanted" touching of a "domestic partner" could lead to a disqualifying conviction of "domestic violence".
If the cops get involved keep your mouth SHUT and call your lawyer.
Best thing to do is buy your wife flowers once in a while if you want to keep your guns.
:)

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,657 Posts
Of deeper concern is this man was alleged to have "sold guns on the black market".

From what i have read, it seems the man's wife bought guns at an FFL as a "straw purchase" for her husband since he would not have been able to buy them due to his domestic violence conviction. He then sold the guns and one was linked to a homicide and then traced back to this family.

My question is other than the straw purchase problem, were the sales otherwise simply private sales, or was this man intentionally selling to the criminal element who could not otherwise have legally bought a firearm?

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,413 Posts
Link doesn't want to load, but the bottom line is if the courts in your state convict you of a crime of domestic violence, then you are disabled. Sorry about that. The advice to keep your hands to yourself is well taken, as is going silent except to demand a lawyer if the cops show up.

·
Registered
590 Posts
It's easier then many gun owners realize to end up with a domestic violence conviction.

From link below: "The "crime" is any touching, no matter how slight ,whether it was or was not intended to cause pain or gain an advantage. You lightly toss the remote at your spouse who was complaining about you watching the game, bam your gun life is over. You want to get out of an argument so you ever so slightly move your spouses arm away from the door knob, by legal and jury instruction that is DV.

Most people get into trouble by telling the cops that they moved their spouse's hand to avoid a more heated argument. Now the cops have to arrest and the DA will prosecute even when the spouse doesn't want to press charges. It's an open and shut case and you CAN NOT win unless the jury disobeys the jury instructions and ignores the law". http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=417935

·
Silver Bullet member
52,962 Posts
misdemeanor crime of domestic violence’ because one can cause bodily injury without ‘violent contact’—
juries voting against letter of the law happening more and more but not all the times its needed!

jury's are the buffer against unfair, dated, constitutional altering laws...
you do not have to follow the letter of the law in your voting
you vote your conscience based on your interrupting of all facts....
not the narrator prosecutor....or judges instructions.....to support the blind eye of justice, the laws...
really...
this may lead to things like juries protecting farmers from prosecution for killing wolves that are killing animals on his farm brought in protected by feds...
pot prosecutions same, humanity directed to protecting the over stepping of common sense... local political supported restrictions.......on common man......thats unfair in the eyes of one or two on jury!

in our state Wva magistrates are suppose to buffer this unfairness before it gets to court
but does not most the time....

why you might ask?
its because of the human relationship of prosecutor and magistrate working together, eating, specializing years magistrate has been influenced by prosecutors informing him of the law...
himself beginning only elected official with limited legal training a symbiotic relation of needs....established with the police too!

i have been on juries.....and i keep it real.....my vote is more validated than in elections<><, dk

·
Silver Bullet member
36,340 Posts
Ask permission first BEFORE you touch your wife or girlfriend. Any "unwanted" touching of a "domestic partner" could lead to a disqualifying conviction of "domestic violence".
If the cops get involved keep your mouth SHUT and call your lawyer.
Best thing to do is buy your wife flowers once in a while if you want to keep your guns.
:)
But if you really have problems with a significant other getting in your face, with or without actual physical personal violence, do as my son did: call the cops first.

In that incident his girl friend attacked his (cheap) car with a Garden Weasel. The police offered to arrest her if he wanted to file charges, but the cops grabbing her - legally - scared the crap out of her so he told them to let her go if she just stayed away from him.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I live in a socio-economically depressed area, and frankly many to most, I'd like to say all women use the "system" to get ahead against the easy targets, men, in relationships, what I generally consider relationships for money these days.
The first thing they do is claim domestic violence during the breakups, standard operating procedure, they get the custody of the kids if any, suing for compensation from the male and getting freebies from the government for those who did not have a child, the "upper hand", child support, and government benefits if they want them, along with receiving money on their subsequent relationships from former husbands if there were kids involved.

No, I haven't been victimized, yet, haha, but alot of them work in local stores, unwed mothers of one or more kids, well, the young pretty ones have only one kids usually, and they try to transfer their skills to male customers in either trying to catch another victim or trying to cause trouble for those who won't bite. I'd like to say they are good for at least something, but unless I have myself sterilized I am gonna abstane from them or alot of them locally. And ummmm, yeah, it is that bad where I am at, it gets that way when the local industries have been slammed by our trade practices meant to benefit foreign countries on natural resources, like timber for instance pertaining to my area.

The local females will trample a weak male in no time flat, I mean, who wouldn't if there is plenty of money in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts