Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started to work on a new project - a sporterized M1917 Enfield. Just today I noticed the bolt I bought some time ago has a solid grasping ball! Never seen that before. Went to the gun safes and verified that all three of my P-14s, all three other M1917s and even my Remington Model 30 have the hollow balls. Has anyone ever seen one or heard of the solid one? If it's filled in, which may be the case, they sure did a great job!

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,080 Posts
I've never heard of a P14, M1917, or Model 30 bolt that didn't have a hollowed out grasping ball.

However, the later Remington Model 720, which was based on the Model 30, had a bolt with a solid ball. But the handle was bent at a different angle. Does your bolt have the same angle of bend to it as your other P14/M1917/M30 bolts? The M720 bolt lacks the "dogleg/double bend" of the P14/M1917/M30:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guy on another site's forum has a standard, stock P-14 Enfied with the solid grasping ball - he didn't even ever realize it or think to look until he read my post. Will get one of my kids to try to post a picture. - Erik

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.