Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Not necessarily, as we had to disarm much of Europe and Asia after WW2 also.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Not necessarily, as we had to disarm much of Europe and Asia after WW2 also.
Times are much more different. But go ahead, be complacent.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,155 Posts
I think the correct word to describe Eric's post was analytical. In his case he compared past circumstances with current ones. It's just as valid as screaming "shadow government" at everything that makes you uncomfortable, and in no way makes him complacent.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, stop it. :rolleyes:
HFA, while we may not see eye to eye on certain issues, I will not give in and scream whatever Harper Ferry ATF agent. I'll leave that to the more frequenting members of this and the other boards who seem to get off on attacking people with limits seemingly unknown. I don't think the sarcasm I originally tried to convey was understood.

But honestly, maybe La Pierre and the other wind bag leadership at the NRA should get on the government. Those people should have the right to keep and bear toy arms. God forbid the NRA die hards actually do something with all that money we send them.

Note: I support the NRA and most of what it stands for. I do feel however a change of leadership is needed.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
I think the correct word to describe Eric's post was analytical. In his case he compared past circumstances with current ones. It's just as valid as screaming "shadow government" at everything that makes you uncomfortable, and in no way makes him complacent.
Analytical? He completely missed any historical aspect of why guns were confiscated in Germany and what was going on politically in the US at that time.

Today, we have an ever encroaching federal government; they've taken your right to habeus corpus, right to privacy, right to trial by jury. We've got a president coming in that wants a national "civil defense source", we've got 20,000 troops planning to be deployed in the United States, in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act.

Circumstances would call for a sense of alertness and worry. Always be suspicious of government, for your liberty's sake.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,155 Posts
Your rights have been eroded since day 1. My point is, just because someone doesn't immediately see the boogey-man behind every corner doesn't mean they're complacent.

Fun fact: you can be convicted and imprisoned without a jury trial and its been that way since long before Bush Jr. This stuff is nothing new.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
MamasBoy,
Really, none of us need a 20-something live at home gun fumbling idiot telling us how life or wartime policies work.

Last time I checked my paperwork, I'm a holder of a FFL and a CCW permit, and have been in the shooting sports about fifteen years longer than you've lived.

I have FFL published law books thicker than all your comic books put together.

The National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Federal Firearms Act of 1938, established the first federal gun controls.

We entered WW2 in 1941...the feds got into it BEFORE the war.

If memory serves me correctly..and help me with this, MamasBoy...but I seem to recall that the DCM/CMP have distributed countless 03's, Garands, carbines, etc., that the military RELEASED..and they continue to.

No matter how you slice and dice it, selling countless Garands with 8 round 30-06 capacities and M1 carbines with 10+ 30 carbine capacities being sold to the public by the Army from 1916 to 1996 and then handed over to the civilians doesn't sound like disarming the public by soldiers, does it?

Once again, we disarm civilians in occupied countries, and if you have a magical way of telling civilian from terrorist gun owners in Iraq, what's say you pop on over there and offer your expertise?

Holy crap...having a stay at home gamer trying to tell us how times have changed in itself is telling us how much times have changed.

Most of us were married, home owners, vets, in careers, etc., by your age.

If times change too much, we can always go to www.paulville.org lock ourselves in, and not have to listen to what the rest of the people are saying...

"The goal of Paulville.org it to establish gated communities containing 100% Ron Paul supporters and or people that live by the ideals of freedom and liberty.

The process is forming a co-op of people buying shares in the community and these people would be granted land use at a minimum of 1 acre per share, for as long as they homesteaded the land. The community would be privately held by the co-op to establish private property for the general community thus preserving the community is 100% freedom and liberty lovers. The community votes on all community efforts, such as utilities etc. However no one is forced to consume these utilities and or pay for them, AKA people can be off grid on their share of land. This is in line with the ideals that you're free to live your life the way you want and not be forced to do or pay for other people's life styles you may not agree with."

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Your rights have been eroded since day 1. My point is, just because someone doesn't immediately see the boogey-man behind every corner doesn't mean they're complacent.

Fun fact: you can be convicted and imprisoned without a jury trial and its been that way since long before Bush Jr. This stuff is nothing new.
Very much so.

When guns were confiscated in New Orleans after Katrina, my state went the opposite direction and actually passed laws against gun confiscation.

MamasBoy was maybe ten years old when the bomb went off at the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, and which I felt sitting in an office twenty miles south.

I kinda' have an idea that the Federal Goverment isn't loved...whatcha' think there, MamasBoy?

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Very much so.

When guns were confiscated in New Orleans after Katrina, my state went the opposite direction and actually passed laws against gun confiscation.
Oh right, like that's going to stop the federal government. Say, I wonder what they would do in the event of another Dust Bowl?

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Oh right, like that's going to stop the federal government. Say, I wonder what they would do in the event of another Dust Bowl?
Actually, the law states natural disasters, MamasBoy.
Once again...it was written in the wake of the natural disaster, Katrina.

I'm not sure why you even worry about the Federal Goverment...how has anything its ever done affected your way of life living with your mommy and daddy? :)

Once again, I've been living with the federal government as a gun owner, citizen, FFL and CCW license before you were even born, I just don't wear a tin foil hat like you do is all.

Wait..is that your mommy calling you to come upstairs for dinner? :)

Better enjoy it while you can, as Paulville isn't for the faint of heart and you need to save up all your enrgy.

www.paulville.org

"These communities are not for the faint at heard they will start as undeveloped land in non city locals, as this is the way to secure large tracts of land needed for these efforts."

·
Registered
14,761 Posts
The original post was idiotic. Iraq is an entirely different situation. While toy guns are present, REAL ONES are also as common as camel turds. I would certainly feel bad about shooting a kid because he had a plastic toy, but on the other hand that "kid" might just have the real thing and one of our guys might get shot.
There ain't no NICS check in Iraq.
Given the stashes of weapons all over the country, whats to prevent a young kid of finding a real AK or handgun? Does a child know the difference?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
If had kids and was living in an occupied country with my neighborhood patrolled by trigger-happy soldiers, I wouldn't let my kids play with toy guns. Not because they don't have a perfect right to play with toy guns, but because I wouldn't want to give jumpy soldiers an excuse to shoot them.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
The original post was idiotic. Iraq is an entirely different situation. While toy guns are present, REAL ONES are also as common as camel turds. I would certainly feel bad about shooting a kid because he had a plastic toy, but on the other hand that "kid" might just have the real thing and one of our guys might get shot.
There ain't no NICS check in Iraq.
Given the stashes of weapons all over the country, whats to prevent a young kid of finding a real AK or handgun? Does a child know the difference?
John,
Dammit!
This isn't about saving the lives of children, civilians, and soldiers in Iraq, it's about the US military training to disarm the gun owners in the United States.
If you put on a tinfoil hat like I have and totally disregard history, MamasBoy makes more sense.

You know, just as the military was called in after previous wars where we had disarmed the enemy amd then they disarmed the American people when they got back.

I must have skipped school the day they taught us that. I was under the impression that after previous wars, the vast majority of GI's were discharged and went home.

I guess we'll keep them on the payroll when they get back and use them to disarm gun owners.

You bet.

Lotsa' men and women coming home from Iraq, a large percentage of who are gun owners and good ol' boys and girls, risking their lives to take guns away from Americans.

Well, time to head over to the CMP page to see if the military has stopped the CMP from selling high capacity 30 caliber assault rifles to the American civilians...

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
EricOKC614070 said:
Actually, the law states natural disasters, MamasBoy.
Once again...it was written in the wake of the natural disaster, Katrina.
Nothing an executive order can't fix, remember how much Republicans loved those when Bush did them?

Besides, with the military commissions act, Obama could just declare martial law in the event of a terrorist attack or natural disaster and suspend the Constitution. Remember how Republicans loved those?

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Nothing an executive order can't fix, remember how much Republicans loved those when Bush did them?

Besides, with the military commissions act, Obama could just declare martial law in the event of a terrorist attack or natural disaster and suspend the Constitution. Remember how Republicans loved those?
MamasBoy,

Yes, as I've stated a few times in this thread, I'm well aware of what the Federal government is able to do...long before you were even a gleam in your daddy's eye.

We kind of had some problems with anti-Federal feelings here in Oklahoma City back in April of 1995, when your biggest worry in the world was choosing between your "Star Wars" and "New Kids On The Block" lunch pail.

If you go back to WW1 and WW2, Democrats signed executive orders that makes anything Duba' did pale in comparison, especially when you take a look at what was done with the media, interning Japanese-American citizens, etc.

You remind me of LlamaBoy and his ranting about stopping illegal aliens...you make a cottage industry about whining, and your only lame answer is send in troops or some dried out failed politician named Ron Paul.

Since you were too little to vote in 2004, then we'll not go into the choices in President in 2004, but I'm kinda' thinkin' that Dubya' was a better choice than Kerry...whatcha' think?

So, MamasBoy...how many troops do you think it's going to take for Hussein Obama to declare martial law and occupy all of the United States?

Texas alone is larger than Iraq, and with the South and Midwest going virtually 100% to McCain, and with the lion's share of troops coming from that area, how will he pull that off?

Hussein Obama would need support of senate leaders, and I don't think many senators would be just real excited about martial law in their states.

If he does it via executive order, then he's gonna' be the Lone Ranger.

So, take off your tinfoil thinking cap for just a minute and explain to us the logistics of federal troops occupying the United States by troops who wouldn't want to be doing it.

·
Silver Bullet Member an all around excellent guy
52,205 Posts
I know real servicemen past and present.

They are not going to come up my driveway in an M2 and dismount looking for my stash of Gew 98's.

These are people -most of us here- grew up with, trained with, served with, hunt with, go to church with, and work with. They are US, not THEM.

Gun control will come be it in subtle, and other not so subtle, increments....but you will not find yourself fighting off regular, reserve, or National Guard members. On the off chance word leaks out you didn't register your Saiga, the FBI, ATF, or chubby members of local SWAT might wake you up, but it won't be military. It just won't.

At least join ROTC at your local college - then you'll understand. Until you actually know members of our nation's military you'll continue to believe they are all potential Nazi Brownshirts. You see, our fighting men know the difference between proper and improper orders and basically the difference right and wrong. Anyone who even dreamed about using our military to subjugate American citizens would learn in 24 hours what a coup was. Sleep well in that knowledge.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts

They are not going to come up my driveway in an M2 and dismount looking for my stash of Gew 98's.

These are people -most of us here- grew up with, trained with, served with, hunt with, go to church with, and work with. They are US, not THEM.

Gun control will come be it in subtle, and other not so subtle, increments....but you will not find yourself fighting off regular, reserve, or National Guard members. On the off chance word leaks out you didn't register your Saiga, the FBI, ATF, or chubby members of local SWAT might wake you up, but it won't be military. It just won't.

At least join ROTC at your local college - then you'll understand. Until you actually know members of our nation's military you'll continue to believe they are all potential Nazi Brownshirts. You see, our fighting men know the difference between proper and improper orders and basically the difference right and wrong. Anyone who even dreamed about using our military to subjugate American citizens would learn in 24 hours what a coup was. Sleep well in that knowledge.
A gentleman I know who is a European citizen is totally amazed I load my firearms (assault rifles) up in my vehicle, and take active military friends, LEOs, and government employed aquaintances to the rifle range as guests.

He still hasn't grasped how legal firearms are here in the States.

It's has become rather apparent that MamasBoys circle of friends lean towards the "nerd herd" side, and that he really doesn't mix in social or family circles where there are active and non-active military.

Once again, it will be the chubby guys in black who are given that job, and I have serious doubts about their enthusiasm for an operation on this scale, as they joined the force, by and large, to go after the really bad guys, and didn't sign up for all out warfare.

Like anyone, they'd want lots of backup and great superiority in numbers.

They'd also be aware that if they were successful in their mission, we'd be seeing only criminals with guns and they'd no longer have the legal gun owners such as us be able to watch their backs.

It's my belief that before we see the ATF or the 101st Airborne on our doorsteps, our firearms will be needed to protect ourselves and our communities from civil strife and a collapse in "civilization" due to greater acts of terrorism on our soil.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
72,665 Posts

hat s probably why obama proposed his national police force.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts