Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did the Italian type I Rifles the Japanese used, have a Chrysanthemum crest wackensmacked on them, like Arisaka's?

I looked at 2 today, both were 6.5 and had the 'toe splice" type stocks.
Both of my Italian issued Carcanos' (I have a rifle, and a moschotto) have one piece stocks.

Im sort of hoping they're Japanese issue, I might pick one up.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, sweet, Im gonna get back and pick me one :D

Many thanks!!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Cleaning rods can be expensive so if one has one, I’d lean toward that one. Should be marked with a star. The receiver should have no markings at all.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Get both, you'll be glad you did.

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Out shoot my M-39?

Sounds fun!
If only ammo came by the crate like the '54r.

This "Japanese Rifle newbie" Thank's you all!

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
7,779 Posts
These were made by three different Italian manufacturers; you can tell which one made them by going by the letter prefix they used:
A to F were made by Sezione Fabbrica d'Armi Regio Esercito di Gardone Val Trompia (Royal Army Arms Factory Section of Gardone Val Trompia (60,000)
G to I were made by Fabbrica Nazionale d'Armi di Brescia (National Arms Factory of Brescia) (30,000), some J series were also made this manufacturer as well.
J to L were made by Fabbrica d'Armi Pietro Beretta di Gardone Val Trompia (Arms Factory of Pietro Beretta of Gardone Val Trompia) (30,000)

These were all then shipped to Fabbrica d'Armi Regio Esercito di Terni (Royal Army Arms Factory of Terni) were they inspected by both RE Staff and the Japanese Staff and after acceptance were then sent to Civitavecchia for transport to Japan.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,546 Posts
Seen some epic prices for these at auction recently.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts