Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I help out in a lot of Facebook groups where new collectors ask about Arisakas they’ve picked up usually I just post rifles from my collection with details on what makes the variant special.

Over the week off of work I had last week I decided to make a light reference site to help these new collectors. Currently it uses only rifles from my collection, but I’m still missing a ton of rifles that hopefully I can add in the future.

Hopefully it will be useful to newer collectors to ID variants they run into on the fly.

Let me know your thoughts. None of this is meant to replace the books and the info from Banzai, and I made sure not to use information taken directly from the publications, only observations visible on each rifle on its own.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,513 Posts
Hey Conrad, not sure if you read my comment about this earlier, but first of all what a great idea! My comment was to include an approximate date of manufacture for each series as that seems to a very common question asked.

John in Northern Michigan

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That's a great project and I'm sure will help out many new collectors that are without the staple reference books. Good job sir!

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
one suggestion i can think of step by step on how to check serial numbers. i know some of my first questions as a newbie was does it match how can i tell?

·
Gold Bullet member
10,892 Posts
Good job! 👍

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone. I've uploaded most of the rifles from my collection, so now I'll need to reach out to the community for some of the remaining examples.

I will certainly use some of the feedback here to make it even better. I remember when I first started collecting Mosin Nagants that sites like 7.62x54r. net were extremely useful for basic information and I think Arisaka's could use something like that, which is what inspired me to do this.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Have a series1 in original condition, matching and Mum intact, can take photos if needed.
Stock/handguard has slight damage l/hand side front - check photo.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have a series1 in original condition, matching and Mum intact, can take photos if needed.
Stock/handguard has slight damage l/hand side front - check photo.
View attachment 3783765 View attachment 3783766
Staffy,

That would be great! If you can try to follow the general pattern of photos off the site, showing the serialized parts, proofs on the monopod and stock, etc. You can shoot me a PM and I’ll forward my email.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Have sent e-mail address and details of the rifle so you can decide if it is worth while proceeding further.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Excellent job on the reference site! Saved it in my phone as a nice field reference. Have you thought about adding trainers? Just noticed I have a few in different states of incompleteness, getting difficult to find info on them. Cheers

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Thank you everyone. I've uploaded most of the rifles from my collection, so now I'll need to reach out to the community for some of the remaining examples.
Just sent you a "Conversation" message. Please let me know if you don't receive it. Not sure how to send a PM with this new format.

C/

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just sent you a "Conversation" message. Please let me know if you don't receive it. Not sure how to send a PM with this new format.

C/
Thank you seinen. I did get your message and sent an email. Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts