Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I purchased this rifle recently from a forum member. It has intact mum and appears to match. I'm still learning about these and do have Voigt's book on Type 99's as a resource. Missing the cleaning rod and I'm just a little confused as to what the proper diameter cleaning rod is. I also figured everyone on here like's to see some pics like I do.

I accidentally posted this to the trader ( I did not mean to do that, it's not for sale) so I will delete the other thread.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah okay, I reread the part of the book on the cleaning rod and that makes sense. I don't know why I was confusing myself with the length vs diameter. One of those things where it's easier than I made it on myself.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very nice example.
Bolt appears to match as well which is always a nice find.
From what I've heard, there are complaints that some arisakas have rough bolts due to mismatched numbers. The ones that do match are noticeably much smoother apparently. Is this true in your case?:unsure:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Matthew, I only have a handful of mismatched rifles, but they tend to be the ones I shoot the most. I've never felt a difference in the way they feel or operate cp to a matching rifle. I've never seen a numbers-matching Type 30, but I've had to swap an extractor on a few of them to get it to work properly, otherwise it would snag on opening, but it's an entirely different bolt design.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
BIG ED, that is extremely kind of you. Let me know how I can pay you and if there are any parts or anything you are in need of.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I'm going to take some measurements tonight. It's in a bag of Nagoya stuff but I remember it being for a Toyo Kogyo.
I'll see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.