Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got this as a project gun, I wanted something to UNsporterize and bring back to original. When they brought out a stack of beater sporters this one immediately stuck out. If this is what I think it is, it may be Quite valuable....

Overall Picture, Note bubba chopped the stock.

Rope Hole Stock....

Now the special part.

No serial here either, just a really light stike of the "clover"

Belly of the Beast:

Another receiver pic:

Pretty Nice bore, all things considered:

Ground Mum, but No other receiver marks

Now the biggy, any ideas on value ? Do I re-stock it, sell or trade it as is ?
*Edit* I have done some research, looks like this is a Tokyo Juki Kogyo, Rope Hole, No Serial. Took off the stock, no serial number in there, just another clover stamp.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Well. It was once a rare rifle. It still is but next to impossible to restock with the correct wood. They even sanded to wood you have so your going to have to look real hard to resurrect that. No front band is going to be tough to get on because you have to remove the front sight.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Well. It was once a rare rifle. It still is but next to impossible to restock with the correct wood. They even sanded to wood you have so your going to have to look real hard to resurrect that. No front band is going to be tough to get on because you have to remove the front sight.
I would guess it's been reblued also. But still if you have to have a project this is it.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,651 Posts
Many of the "no serial" 99s are from TJK, so that in itself does not make it rare.

I have its stable mate, with the stock complete. Check page 130 in the T99 book for a picture.

I would say it's value is the same as a rope hole 99 not more; but less because of the butchery. I tend to agree with Milsurp,
metal polished and blued; it is just too smooth a finish for this late rifle.

If you got it cheap, keep it as an example; as has been said, bringing it back is dang near impossible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.