Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is $520 a good price for a Type 99?

It has the Mum, AA sights, and cleaning rod. No monopod or dust cover.
I do not know if the bolt is matching or not. I cannot prove it to be a bring-back, but I am hopeful. It is pretty dusty, and looks like it has been in a closet for some time. Looks like something that was carried around on the battlefield a bit, not captured on the Home Islands.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
Depends on too many factors; but I don't think so.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, thank you. I'll probably hold off on it for a little bit then. What are fair prices for these?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the only photos I have.

The guy is selling it for his attorney, who didn't know how to reassemble the bolt...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Safety knob looks to be falling out of the bolt assembly.It looks like a late war, welded blob safety knob as well. Is that correct for this rifle ? Post maker and series and people here will clarify or correct.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided I'm going to pass on it anyways. Neither the owner, nor the person selling it seem (or will admit) to know(ing) much about it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I decided I'm going to pass on it anyways. Neither the owner, nor the person selling it seem (or will admit) to know(ing) much about it.
I would at least throw him and offer. Finding ones with MUMS still intact are getting harder to find and having the airplane sight. Worst he can say is no. Worth a shot! Pun intended!

James

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Split in the buttstock is an easy fix, this price seems to becoming the norm for a matching and nice representative model with a little TLC attached. IMO go for it.
That isn't a split! It's the seam of the two piece butt. The mismatched bolt would nix the deal for me. Mums ain't as important as most seem to think.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The bolt is what threw me off, I thought it looked like a later series than the rest of the rifle, but I wasn't sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts