Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here and looking for help on the value of this stuff as I am not up on Japanese weapons. I got this stuff at an estate sale several years ago because it was all matching and had the vet bringback paperwork. It has the mum intact and the bayo is included on the bringback papers. Any help is appreciated. Thanks C

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Yea nice rifle, so what about the Type-14? Arsenal, date, matching?

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Rifle is a 3rd series Nagoya. If its matching keep it they are difficult to find. It took me a long time to find a nice example.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Me likey! You must sell it to me as soon as possible!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
How did you manage to post such large photos? All I've seen (and been able to post myself) are these crummy thumbnails.

C/

·
Gold Bullet member
4,322 Posts
Photo attempt

Here is a test from my recent batch of 97 photos. Seeing how they posted, I think that anything wider than about 600 pixels defaults to thumbnail.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Here is a test from my recent batch of 97 photos. Seeing how they posted, I think that anything wider than about 600 pixels defaults to thumbnail.
Yes, that must be the answer. Still, I wish the photo posting rules were a bit better explained and involved less trial & error. Learning curve I guess.

C/

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Nice estate sale! Do the bring back papers tell where these were captured?

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Guys,
calm down. We aren't supposed to be here yet. They are still setting up the boards.

ON the picts, I suspect the large picts are linked to an outside host.

Thumbnails can be opened by clicking, like the old boards once removed. They load much quicker for guys with slow connections.

I like them myself, as I can decide to look at a picture or not; I don't get blasted by a big picture that you have to scroll around to see.

On thing I do see as a problem is that 5 is the limit for pictures in a post. I'm sure this can be dealt with.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Thumbnails can be opened by clicking, like the old boards once removed. They load much quicker for guys with slow connections.

On thing I do see as a problem is that 5 is the limit for pictures in a post. I'm sure this can be dealt with.
Yes, the thumbnails can be enlarged, but placement within a post is fixed to a panel at the bottom. The old boards photo posting feature was better in this regard: the images could be placed anywhere the cursor was postioned. Hopefully, Tuco/Vic will be able to alter the maximum number of photos as well.

C/

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Picture placement

You are correct,
the pictures show up at the bottom of the post.

We will see if this can be changed; I like the other way better too; but I could get used to this.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Here is a pic of a bringback paper for a Japanese propaganda book from the Philippines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts