Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired this at the last antique gun show in Timonium back in march. It came with a full mum, cleaning rod, monopod and dust cover. I finally got a chance to take some pictures.

Type 99... Kokura Arsenal, 22 series with serial 5847. It appears to have a duffel cut that someone attempted to repair and put in dowles with no glue. They area around the separations has split wood. I understand that some 2 piece stocks were made. I do not know how to tell if this is a duffel cut or as manufactured.

It has suffered three significant impacts that affect stock integrity. This one is just a safe queen...

It is almost matching. The dust cover serial does not match the rest of the rifle and the extractor on the bolt appears unnumbered. All other numbered parts match.

It has some issues, but overall a nice rifle...Comments and insight welcome.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
854 Posts
Nice! I really like the battle damaged gear. The duffle cut is a part of history as well, so I wouldn't sweat it too much. Extractor may not have been numbered, can't get to my book at this time to be sure though.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Great find. Battle damaged weapons are very cool IMHO. I have had several in the past. If they could only talk about how they got that way...

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,489 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Mike,
I had that one in my hands at Ag Hall. Without a doubt a neat piece of type 99 history.You just don't see many rifles with extensive damage like that anymore. I'd love to know the history on that one!

·
Gold Bullet member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all for the replys and comments...

Mike... that is an interesting piece... I like the field expedient conversion from long to short cleaning rod... Impressive... Thanks for the pictures of that one......

I have one with a bent barrel.... was going to make it into a wall hanger.... and another with what appears to be burn damage... I will post threads and pictures of those in a week or two...for discussion... both are unique...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.