Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have for sale or know of where I can buy a 4 7/8 screw in cleaning rod? TIA

·
Gold Bullet member
4,327 Posts
Also, the rods from Toyo Kogyo are a different diameter than screw-ins from other makers. Don't recall if smaller or larger.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,634 Posts
Short cleaning rod diameter

TK short rods are 3/16" and the rest 1/4".

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mity2,as 03man has said,1/4'' diameter.My 6th series Nagoya has a 1/4'' diameter cleaning
rod also. Can you post a picture of the left side of the receiver where the serial numbers
and the series mark are,since you don`t sound like you`re sure of the series type?

Charlie

·
Registered
46 Posts
oh I'm sure about the series. I was just not too sure about Nagoya.
But i just found this website (radix.net/~bbrown/japanese_markings.html), and i guess its Nagoya for sure
In older board, i was given as to which dimention my gun's cleaning rod should be, but i donno how to get old thread.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,634 Posts
mity2,
If you have the round cleaning rod retainer, you need the short rod, look on the bottom of the forearm, under the front band. If it is square with a square button to push you need the long one.

Judging from your questions and your posts, you really need a book, buy Military Rifles of Japan by Honeycutt and Anthony, it will answer many of your questions and is an enjoyable book to boot.

·
Silver Bullet member
621 Posts
short cleaning rod

It’ better to check your stock/front band before buying a cleaning rod. I have a 5” original one. Diameters from the thread end:
4mm thread
4.9mm
6mm
5mm
6mm
Total length 125mm (4.95”)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts