Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son recently purchased himself his first mil surp. A Type 99 22nd series Kokura. Mum is ground , missing the cleaning rod and dust cover. Are original rods available?
I have two 99s myself, both 24 series. A very early one with the push in short rod and a late example which never had one. Thanks.
KG

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
KG,
The Type 99 Long had 29 3/16 inch cleaning rod Blued. The Type 99 short (early issue) had a 23 3/4 inch Cleaning Rod Blued and the Type 99 short (late issue ) had a 4 7/8 inch Cleaning Rod blued. There were also Type 99 and Type 2 Paratrooper that had a 21 5/16 inch cleaning rod.
I hope this helps.
kaydee
Dwight Brown

·
Registered
386 Posts
My son recently purchased himself his first mil surp. A Type 99 22nd series Kokura. Mum is ground , missing the cleaning rod and dust cover. Are original rods available?
I have two 99s myself, both 24 series. A very early one with the push in short rod and a late example which never had one. Thanks.
KG
There are original rods that become available sometimes on the Japanese Trader Board; which is a companion to this board. You can post what you are looking for on the Trader Board and see of anyone has what you are looking forch. Ebay is also a good source; but watch out for repros being flogged as original. In either case you may need to be patient.

If you can't find an original and want the closest thing to it Don Schlickman who frequents this board makes the best reproductions and marks every one with an R to identify it as such.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts