Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw a bringback Type 56 brought $4k at auction in 2017 (Rock Island). Not sure if that is representative of market value.

What do you guys think would be a likely cash/trade value on a (assumed mismatch) Chicom Type 56 with papers, decent condition? Has DD-603 and export license in Vietnamese.

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,943 Posts
Is the stock heavily sanded and refinished?

A regular papered rig in good condition should be $1,000 to $1,500. There are outliers above and below that range, of course. If the stock is indeed messed up, then subtract 50%.

·
Registered
889 Posts
One thing to be aware of is original, blank copies of the repatriation document have been known to be doctored (I have seen a unused one) to "paper" a SKS, etc....even to the point the paper is professionally "aged". This is relatively uncommon, but something to keep in mind...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
One thing to be aware of is original, blank copies of the repatriation document have been known to be doctored (I have seen a unused one) to "paper" a SKS, etc....even to the point the paper is professionally "aged". This is relatively uncommon, but something to keep in mind...
From this limited view these docs are obviously good.

As far as being uncommon to see faked capture papers, they are way more common than you’d think. And they are getting better all the time. Ive notified sellers on auction sites as well as auction houses when I’ve spotted an item with bad paper, most individual sellers just ignore me and continue the auction. Auction houses will mosttimes add a disclaimer. In the far past (30 or so years ago) there were even magazine ads stating that if you bought this weapon they would include capture papers with whatever information you wanted. I think Richard in NY might have a copy of those ads. But it’s a minefield because some pretty knowledgeable dealers churned out some pretty good fakes awhile back, when you could buy a whole case of blank docs at gun shows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.