Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my travels, have come across a type 44. It is all matching (to the assembly number). Everything BUT dustcover. There is some minor rust on the bayonet lug and the floorplate is almost in the white with patina. Bore is frosted but strong grooves. Bayonet has the hook.

What is the value of a rifle like this?

I would appreciate timely answers as I can not spend the entire day here!

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,356 Posts
100% matching (sans dust cover), early varient with full mum? I'd have probably snarffed it up for $650ish. Of course the pictures only give glimpses of the condition and I'm assuming it was in fair to good condition. It seems harder and harder to come across good Type 44 lately.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could see where it had sat in a closet for a long time. Rust on floorplate and barrel.

If it had the cleaning rods I would have done it. If they don't slide out then they are not in there?

The wood and rest of the metal was in pretty good condition.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good thing I passed :)

I loved the history behind it, and its a cool lookong gun. Every single piece on it matched to the assembly number which I thought was neat.

I know I will be thinking about it for weeks to come...probably will regret not buying it.

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
That carbine would bump a thousand, on Gunbroker. Matched, and mummed is scarce on these. They're like snipers, more often ground, than not.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
See, thats what I originally thought. I could have got it for 675.

I looked at gunbroker past auctions and there are 1000 and 2000 ones.

So I dont think I got an answer on this but ill try again, when I slide open the rear compartment, if the rods dont fall out, they are not in there?

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,356 Posts
So I dont think I got an answer on this but ill try again, when I slide open the rear compartment, if the rods dont fall out, they are not in there?
Correct. The end of the cleaning rod chamber is sping loaded so the 2 rods would pop out or slid out easily assuming they weren't otherwise stuck.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Correct. The end of the cleaning rod chamber is sping loaded so the 2 rods would pop out or slid out easily assuming they weren't otherwise stuck.

Thank you sir, some dust/dirt fell out but that was it. I shook it (gently) and nothing was in there (that wasnt stuck). Are missing rods common?

Anyway, back to me regretting not getting it.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I don't think I've seen a mismatched ground mum T44 for less than $500 lately at any shows.

Dale
Me either! I saw a matching Nagoya T44, including it's DC, for only $700 at a gun show. I would have bought it if bubba had ruined the stock by sanding it :angry:

I bought a scrubbed mum, but matching T44 with rods for $450. It was labeled as "mismatched"...I love assembly numbers. :laugh: It has the rode hard and put away wet look that is common to a lot of their early Tokyos. Probably part of the reason why it was so cheap.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
Thank you sir, some dust/dirt fell out but that was it. I shook it (gently) and nothing was in there (that wasnt stuck). Are missing rods common?

Anyway, back to me regretting not getting it.
Yes, most are missing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just bought one in very good condition with ground mum and all matching to assembly number except the floor plate. It doesn't have a dust cover or cleaning rods. I honestly didn't pay much less than they're asking for the one you found. Type 44s are not easy to find in decent condition. I know I paid too much, but it came up and I pounced. I plan to shoot it and hold onto it long term. You should go back and make what you think is a reasonable offer. Lets put it this way, if I saw it I'd make an offer on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts