Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a trainer with an original T38 cleaning rod. It has smooth bore. I believe it is for firing blanks only. If you have blank ammo, please post a photo. Is there anyway to know the year and arsenal of this trainer?

The stock is very nice but had been refinished while back by someone else. I am considering to modify the stock and put a Type 38 action on it.

I would like to know the market price of the trainer. Numrich has new stock for $125. A repro cleaning rod costs another $25. It seems worth to part out the trainer. Thanks.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Think you may find the rod, if you haven't removed it, is one of the short "nail-type" rods. If you want a shooter, not sure the trainer wood would withstand the recoil. Also I would guess stock work will need to be done to fit the 38 upper tang into stock since trainer tang is cast with the receiver. Frankley, I'd by one of the repro stocks. Either way you will have more $$$s in the rifle than it's worth. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
You have a T-38 training rifle that was made by Nambu priror to their 1936 corporate merger. I can tell by the size and placement of the numbers used in serialization. The bolt construction is also a clue. In my opinion, it's worth more as a collectible than as something to part out.

C/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts