Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
The Kokura Type 38 rifles from the 24th Series were manufactured from approximately October 1939 through May 1940 according to my projection made during the research for the Type 38 book.

Frank

·
Registered
135 Posts
  • The Kokura Type 38 rifles from the 24th Series were manufactured from approximately October 1939 through May 1940 according to my projection made during the research for the Type 38 book.
Where are you guys getting this information from? Do you have a link to available production dates. The reason I am asking is because I want to know the date of my Kokura series 22 rifle.

Thanks,

Travis

·
Gold Bullet member
1,341 Posts
I buy the books on every firearm I collect. As I mentioned in my previous post, I had referred to the Type 99 book, when the rifle in question is a Type 38. I then quoted the date from the Type 38 book. It just happens that Mr. Allan wrote the "The Type 38 Arisaka", an excellent book!

Dean (the other one)

·
Gold Bullet member
1,341 Posts

• Where are you guys getting this information from? Do you have a link to available production dates. The reason I am asking is because I want to know the date of my Kokura series 22 rifle.

Thanks,

Travis

• I know it's none of my business, but which type of rifle are you asking about? A Type 38 or a Type 99. Kokura Arsenal made both, designated Series 22. I don't want to give wrong information again. (Big Ed is watching :>)

Dean (the other one)

·
Gold Bullet member
1,341 Posts
oh, sorry. I was referring to my T38 Series 22 Kokura.
In Mr. Allan's book (invaluable), the Kokura Type 38 , Series 22 rifle was made Jan.1938 to Feb. 1939.

Dean (the other one)

(I don't know of any websites that have detailed information on Japanese Firearms)

You do happen to be on the best website on the net for Japanese firearms. Many of the authors of the books frequent this site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.