Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
You have a rifle, sword and flag. I do fear it is too late. The addiction has already taken its hold! Very nice budding collection. I think a Type 99 and either a Type 14 or 94 Nambu would round it out nicely!

·
Gold Bullet member
1,341 Posts
Good job on the carbine!

"Military Rifles of Japan" by Honeycutt is a very good reference book.

I am reminded of a quote from Trenchwarfare.

"Before starting any serious collection: Spend your first thousand dollars on reference material. It's money in the bank."

You might not need to spend that much, but it pays to do your homework.

Dean (the other one)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks dean and good to hear from you. I completely agree and that's what I did 20 years ago when I started collecting civil war stuff. Now I have a good library and good collection but less of an interest.

Will get that book!

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
The carbine turned out nice and that sword sure looks purdy!
You may end up with even more than this! And these photos don't show all the stuff that's in boxes, and in drawers in the closet. This is a very addictive hobby!

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
Holy sushi batsman that's one impressive collection
Just trying to warn ya of what you may be getting into ;)
I dabbled a bit in Civil War stuff myself in the 90s. Only two of these muskets are original but they all are nice shooters

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
Nice indeed. The 1816 conversion is one original and the other I am guessing is the tower? Great display.
Thanks, the other original is the Model 1861 Springfield (dated 1862) just below the 1816 conversion. The one by itself on the stand is a Parker Hale Whitworth. The "Tower" is a Parker Hale Enfield that I've put a lot of original parts on including a Tower lockplate. I was into reenacting all through the '90s as well.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
Do you have a M1 Garand in that crate ? A Remington Rand 1911 in that holster as well ??
The M-1 is an Iwo Jima Commemorative that I just couldn't resist (see photos). The 1911A1 was an Ithaca that I've since sold

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.