Gunboards Forums banner

Type 38 Carbine prices

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  WillRuss 
#1 ·
I'm going to go ahead and ask for a basic price run down on Type 38 Carbines. I know this is a hard task because every rifle is different with condition, arsenal, series, etc...etc. BUT, besides here my only other reference for current market price is on-line auction sites. So I'll ask the experts before I run out with my hard earned $$ to the buying waters. I've seen two non-matching, ground mum carbines sell for $250 in the last week on gunbroker. And I passed (because I don't feel educated enough on them) at the last gun show I went to last month, a private seller had a numbers matching, intact mum, excellent condition T38 carbine for $450. Which at the time seemed expensive, but once I looked online, now I've been losing sleep over it!
But as with buying guns online...there's always shipping and FFL fees. I really need to get my C&R as I want to grow my mil surp collection. I'd like to buy more in person, but my part of the country, I honestly don't see that many of the kinds of rifles I'm looking for. I used to live in OH/KY and went to the Show of Shows, that was amazing, but now I only find newly produced hunting and tacticool plastic things.
Thankfully the intar-web exists, and it allows me to per sue my collection even though I live between a red rock and a giant ditch. :thumbsup:

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Those prices sound logical to me. Something's only "worth" what someone is willing to pay for it. And it seems like the interest in Japanese WW2 arms keeps growing. The older generations negative stereotyping of the weapons and men who used them, is fading with time, but demand and prices only goes up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.