Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a type 35 rifle that has the same 3 digit number on many parts (stock, tang, triggerguard, trigger etc), but not the receiver or bolt. Did somebody swap all the parts from another rifle onto this receiver?
It looks like the Siamese style dustcover was used on these, but in a smaller size? JL

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,566 Posts
The Type 35 matched by an assembly number. If you have the rifle apart, check under the receiver, near where the barrel enters the receiver, to see this assembly number. Type 35's are rare; please post some pictures!

John in Charlotte, NC

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Would you mind letting us know what the serial number is? The Siamese sales samples reported thus far are in the 33047 - 34825 range. I have been keeping tabs on these since the publication of "The Early Arisakas". These are the best Type 35s to have survived.

To answer your question, the assembly number is stamped under the receiver on the flat. It is of between one and three Arabic numbers usually preceded by a Japanese character. In the cast of the Siamese samples those that have reported the character it is "ki" - キ. Please let me know if your rifle has this character and what the three digit number is. Thanks in advance for helping with our research.

Frank

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
T35

T35 #23993, Looks like the wood, bayonet lug, triggerguard and tang match, but the rest is complete m/m. The strap was fastened on as a sling when I got it, any idea what it is? Which # on the receiver is the assembly #? JL

Attachments

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
The original assembly number is ク140 if I am making it out correctly. It is not one of Siamese rifles. It has been re-built at least once and some parts are substitutes. It is indeed a miss-match, but it is still a great example. The sling is not for a Japanese rifle but that is all I can say.

Are there any markings on either side of the butt of the stock? Maybe an S with a multi-digit number? If so it would indicate Finnish service. Just fishing here.

These are so hard to find it is still a great find.

Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.