Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received an email concerning an anchor-marked rotating-sleeve muzzle cover. Owner showed it to Frank Allan and Frank thought it might be for the T-35. As Amutt posted a year or so back, there is a cover designed for the 30, it will not fit the 38 as the distnce between the muzzle and front sight is a tad longer on the 38. I tried my 30 cover on the 35 and it fits. Could not tell from the photos emailed with the message if the anchor-marked cover was brass or steel. More later.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Good Afternoon Doss :

Yes the muzzle cover of the 30 and 35 are one and the same size wise. The 38 rifle is similar but longer. Have seen brass and plastic T-30 covers, actual samples are in the Hayama collection. It wouldn't surprise me if a steel version has been made sometime in the past. Here is a question since the T-30 carbine has a guarded front sight a T-38 cover will work on it, the question is was the T-30 carbine muzzle cover shorter than the T-38 ?. How you would know is that if the muzzle cover will not compress enough to fit a T-38 late rifle or carbine, then you may have a T-30 cover.
A 38 cover should fit a bit sloppy on a T-30 carbine.
Vicasoto

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
Vic, according to the T-30 manual illustrations on accessories, the T-30 Carbine muzzle cover was a simple straight brass tubular set-up with a slot on the side for the cover to friction attach to the muzzle. I have seen only one example up-live but is owned by a friend who lives in Sacramento. We initially thought it was for the T-22 Murata, but after we found the illustration on the T-30 manual we figured out it was for the T-30C. I took a photo and gave to Jerry Price who in turn gave it to Frank and is shown on his "Early Arisaka" book.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts